DECORATIVE GARDEN FOUNTAIN: SEVEN INTERESTING TYPES
Are you enjoying spring? Spring for me is a time when everyone hurries to get their dusty gas weed eaters out of the garage 🙂
And I love being in the garden to contemplate the awakening beauty of nature.
Just yesterday, I thought about what could make my open space more relaxing and enjoyable.
My thoughts immediately went to the sound of water, and I caressed the idea of having a decorative fountain in the garden all to myself!
The first outdoor garden fountains certainly appear as ornamental and functional elements within the beautiful Renaissance gardens.
This image has been handed down over time, and even today it is customary to insert some of them in green spaces, often at corners dedicated to rest.
Indeed, the sound of water infuses a lot of tranquility and breaks the verdant expanse of plants, creating an exciting dynamism.
It is essential, first of all, to consider the space available in the garden in such a way as to adequately proportion the fountain with the context and create beautifully balanced environments.
If the outdoor space is ample, it can be placed in a central position where it can be admired, becoming a focal point.
If, on the contrary, the dimensions do not allow for grandiose projects, it can be positioned between the vegetation or prepared for the wall.
This is undoubtedly one of the favorite models from those who have a small garden because it allows you to customize the space and make it charming with little effort.
Choosing the one or the other type will depend a lot on the design choices made and the selected style.
The solutions are endless, but I can suggest to you:
- The small fountain is the simplest type. Useful and practical, it is among the most widespread also around the city. It is possible to adjust the opening of the tap, so as not to wastewater and use it when it is needed.
- The fountain in the rock is among the most fascinating and romantic models. The image is that of a jet of water that flows directly between the inlets of the stones. It is the ideal choice in case you intend to create a romantic garden.
- The wall fountain is one of the most common types both in spaces of considerable dimensions and in those with reduced areas. In this case, the bowl will also be suspended or placed on the ground.
What could be more beautiful, between the rustling of the branches and the chirping of birds, to hear the sound of water spurting and flowing?
Knowing me, I am sure you have already guessed my next thought: to write an article entirely dedicated to fountains for the garden.
I imagined different houses, completely different styles to marry with as many types of decorative fountains.
Unless you want to play with contrast, the game of water that we choose for our exterior must reflect or at least be coordinated with, the style we have chosen for the interiors.
And this is perhaps why I decided to make a list of exciting types of decorative garden fountains.
Maybe they can serve as a guide for a possible choice, and inspire your desire to furnish your outdoor space.
1. Decorative garden and design fountain
With a home equipped with a contemporary flavor, the design fountain is the most appreciated.
Simple lines, slightly wavy ponds and material play, between concrete and stones, give life to true masterpieces.
The most commonly used materials for garden fountains are cast iron and stone.
Two coatings that, thanks to their high characteristics of resistance to impacts and atmospheric agents, lend themselves to being positioned outside and to be modeled to measure. It is all about coordinating the material and style of the garden.
Preferring one or the other is generally just a matter of personal taste and form. If space allows the construction of water sculptures of considerable size, it is advisable to opt for the stone, certainly lighter and readily available. One thing is sure: inserting a fountain in a green space will undoubtedly change the look and its geometry. Carefully evaluate its position because it can represent a real focal point of the garden or a purely functional element that can also be inserted in a secluded area.
Both natural stone and cast iron are very malleable and durable products, able to last over time. The only necessary care will be to provide correct and constant maintenance, especially in the winter months.
It is possible to enrich the composition with statues that recall the works of classical antiquity, and that will give an antique and romantic flavor to your garden.
2. Decorative fountain for stone garden
Stone is a good passpartout for all styles and trends.
You will also always have eternal durability and beauty on your side.
3. Decorative garden fountain in shabby chic style
The style that is driving the whole world crazy has also infected the decorative fountains.
We find, in fact, elements in the garden that present all the shabby chic characteristics, in the fullness of its most defined identity.
4. Cascading decorative garden fountain
I find that falls are fascinating garden fountains.
Logical that it is necessary to have the wall were to slide them.
Here I like to indulge myself with the play of light and the backlight.
At dusk, it becomes all the more beautiful!
5. Multiple decorative garden fountain systems
If you have a big garden, and you want to have fun, creating real water games with specific rhythms gives a charm and a charm that is certainly unique to your outdoor space.
6. Classical garden decorative fountain
And if we want something classic and timeless?
The model of the decorative fountain for a garden of Renaissance type is a classic that goes well with various styles of furniture. The important thing is that they are not too contemporary and minimalist.
7. Minimal garden decorative fountain
And if we have little space?
The minimalist style embodies elegance and minimal space.
It is always the right choice when square meters are scarce, but you want the murmur of water in the garden.
Garden pump fountains
One of the many aspects to consider when choosing a garden fountain is the cost.
A new solution from this point of view is the pump system.
In addition to allowing a tremendous economic saving, it is easy to install, suitable for those who want to try their hand at DIY. It is a mechanism by which water is put into circulation and used to create suggestive water features, made even more beautiful by significant lighting effects.
A beautiful garden fountain deserves to be valued, even at night.
For this reason, in recent years, studies on the lighting of these decorative elements have been refined. The use of new LED lamps that can completely replace the old incandescent bulbs has allowed us to obtain numerous advantages:
- consumption up to 10 times lower than previous ones
- the possibility of getting multicolored scenographies
- a prolonged duration over time
- the dimensions of the lighting fixtures considerably reduced
- low maintenance
- the possibility of adjusting the light intensity
- Immersion LEDs: they are usually fixed to the bottom of the fountain basin, creating a luminous effect from the bottom upwards. They can be immersed in the tanks and come into contact with water. Thanks to remote control, it is possible to adjust its intensity and any light effects.
- LEDs with stroboscopic lights: in this case the lights are inserted outside the tub, directly resting on the garden soil. Thanks to the possibility of orienting their direction, they lend themselves to amusing effects, even colored.