The best assistant when performing work related to sawing various materials such as wood, plexiglass, laminate, plastic, slate, metals is a circular saw. To do this, you just need to install the necessary cutting tool and set the appropriate operating mode on the equipment. How choose the track saw or table saw?
The circular saw appeared at the beginning of the last century and remains in demand to this day. Its advantages: it provides a straight cut line, make a cross-cut, and can work with a wide variety of materials.
Circular saws are hand-held and stationary. When choosing them, it is also necessary to consider what kind of work will be performed by this equipment and in what volume. Electric (circular) saws, assembly (cutting) for metal, cordless, submersible are very popular.
Which circular saw is better? The answer to this question is simple – each of them has its own purpose, so the comparison in this case will not be entirely appropriate:
- circular and cordless saws perform the same function. They differ in different power sources. For the operation of an electric saw, electricity is needed, and for a battery one, a powerful element. These circular saws are designed to work with wood, soft metals, laminate, plexiglass, plastic;
- cut-off saws are a type of electric circular saws and are designed for cutting metals: iron rods, profiles, pipes, corners. They refer to permanently installed equipment, which is a great advantage since it frees the hands of the master for comfortable operation;
- plunge-cut circular saws are also electrical equipment. Their features are the ability to plunge into the material not only from the end but in any place necessary for sawing and the ability to adjust the plunge depth.
Choosing a circular (circular) saw
What do you need to know to choose the best circular saw? It is necessary to start with an understanding of what kind of equipment is needed (stationary or manual), to work with what materials (metals or non-metals) and in what volumes (one-time work or professional activity), as well as the possibility of access to an electric point (battery equipment or electrical) …
Next, pay attention to the technical characteristics of the equipment. Here are the main ones:
- electric motor power. Its high value allows cutting materials of different hardness but contributes to an increase in the weight and cost of equipment. In order for the circular saw to serve as long as possible, it must be chosen with a power reserve;
- rotational speed. For household work, it will be enough to purchase a single-speed electric tool. For professional activities, it will be better if this characteristic turns out to be adjustable because this is necessary for setting up equipment when working with various materials;
- characteristics of the saw itself. Here the following factors play a role: the type of material being processed, the value of the maximum infeed depth, the size and shape of the teeth, and the angle of their sharpening. All the necessary information is indicated in the markings on the saw itself. This is, as a rule, the diameter of the saw itself, the number of teeth, the diameter of the shaft that turns the disc, and additional information: the material being processed, the thickness of the cut, the maximum value of the number of revolutions per minute.
Where to buy the tool
the online store offers at your choice the best models of such equipment as an electric saw (circular, band, miter, etc.), a chainsaw, cordless saws (circular, jigsaw cutting, etc.), electric hacks, and Not only.
Choose and order the necessary equipment on esco.ua yourself or with the help of our managers. This is easy to do with a convenient filter system. All technical characteristics and descriptions of the product you like can be read by going to its page.
If necessary, our managers will be able to give free consultation on the product you are interested in or will assist in choosing and ordering the necessary product over the phone.